So I had this for dinner tonight and it was absolutely amazing! I made a very basic guacamole to go along with this which I have included the recipe for as well. I am not a vegetarian but I love to eat vegetarian meals a couple of times a week. The main part of the recipe was split between myself and hubby, and I have included the toppings that I had on my own portion.
This recipe serves two.
Half a Red Onion
Half a Pepper
400g can of Kidney Beans
227g can of Chopped Tomatoes
Half a teaspoon of Garlic Powder
1 teaspoon of Smoked Paprika
1 teaspoon Chilli Flakes
5ml Lemon Juice
A whole Avocado
My Toppings :
7g Grated Four Cheese Mix
10g Tortilla Chips
- Cook the onion and peppers for 2-3 minutes and then add the drained kidney beans.
- Cook these for about 3-5 minutes until everything is cooked through.
- Now add the can of chopped tomatoes.
- Season how you like (I have included what I used in the ingredients). Let this cook on a low heat while you do the next step.
- To make the guacamole, mash the avocado and the lemon juice together.
- Now add your toppings.
- Sit down, and enjoy!