This is one of my favourite Autumn/Winter porridge combinations, and this year, I can’t get enough of it. It is also so easy to make. I tend to make it up (mix the oats, milk, grated carrot and spices) and leave it in the fridge overnight so that it’s quick to make before work.
1 Medium Carrot
100ml Skimmed Milk
Spices (I used 1/2 a TSP Cinnamon and a 1/4 TSP Mixed Spice as that’s what I had in)
1/2 TSP Peanut Butter
- Measure the milk and oats into a bowl.
- Grate the carrot as finely or a large as you like. I used the fine side of the grater so that the oats take on the flavour of carrot better.
- Mix the milk, oats and grated carrot together.
- Add in your spices.
- Heat the mixture. I used the microwave as I’m lazy and it’s faster than the hob.
- When the oats are done, get the peanut butter on the TSP and then use this spoon to mix this through the heated oats.
- If you want to make the oats sweeter, a squeeze of honey would do the trick!
- Sit down, and enjoy!