I feel like I tend to forget how well apple and peanut butter go together. I always end up thinking about banana with peanut butter, and overlooking apple. This recipe is incredibly simple but well balanced. I always try to include 1 of my 5 a day in my breakfasts so that I start my day off well. This recipe in particular keeps me full until lunchtime.
40g Porridge Oats
125ml Skimmed Milk
15g Peanut Butter
- Mix the porridge and the milk together.
- Heat this mixture however you like. I tend to us a microwave as I don’t have time to use the hob on work mornings.
- Slice the apple and put half of it into the bottom of a bowl.
- Then once the porridge is heated through, put this over the sliced apple, and then top with the other half of the apple.
- Finally to finish it all off, top with the peanut butter.
- Sit down, and enjoy!