French toast is something that I rarely, if ever, eat. And this past weekend, I wanted it sooo bad! So I made myself it, and hubby too. It was incredible, and I tried to keep it fairly low calorie by making a few tweaks to the recipes that I could find online.
Ingredients (makes 2 slices):
2 slices of Bread
Half a teaspoon of Cinnamon
80g Mixed Berries
- Crack the egg and mix with the milk.
- Add in the cinnamon. You can use as much or as little as you like. Or you could add vanilla extract instead. The choice is yours!
- Dunk the bread into the mixture. Flip it so that both sides are coated and then let any excess run back into the bowl.
- While the bread is being dunked, spray a pan with Fry Light and turn the temperature up to full/medium.
- Add the bread into the pan. Mine takes about 2 minutes per side and then it’s just golden. But everyone’s hob is different.
- Plate the bread and add some berries. Or you can use whatever topping takes your fancy.
- Drizzle the honey across the bread.
- Sit down, and enjoy!