This is one of the recipes that I always find myself coming back to. It’s great with my braces because it’s so soft. But also because I use an Orange, which is high in Vitamin C, and 1 of your 5 a day.
40g Porridge Oats
125ml Milk (I used Almond Milk)
5g Cocoa Powder
10g Milk Chocolate Chips
Something I love about this recipe is that you could substitute the Orange for 80g Strawberries, and do yourself Strawberry and Chocolate Porridge. Switch the Milk Chocolate Chips for White Chocolate for even more sweetness. It’s completely up to you!
- Mix the Porridge Oats and Milk together. You can use whichever Milk you’d like. I used Almond Milk because it adds a nice nutty flavour to the Porridge.
- Slice the orange into segments and add this into the Oats and Milk.
- Mix in the Cocoa Powder and make sure it’s mixed well.
- Heat however you like, to the consistency that you like. On a work morning, I use the microwave. But when I have time, I heat this on the hob. You could even eat this cold as Overnight Oats!
- Once it’s cooked/not cooked (whichever works for you) top with the Milk Chocolate Chips.
- Sit down, and enjoy.