I feel like I tend to forget how much I like cinnamon. But now that the weather is getting colder, nights are getting darker…I can feel myself wanting more comforting meals. This recipe is incredibly simple but well balanced. I always try to include 1 of my 5 a day in my breakfasts so that I start my day off well. This recipe can be adapted for whichever berries you’d like, and whichever milk you’d like.
40g Porridge Oats
125ml Unsweetened Almond Milk
80g of Berries (I used mixed berries that had blackberries, raspberries, strawberry and blackcurrants in)
1/2 teaspoon of Cinnamon
2g Chia Seeds
- Mix the porridge and the milk together.
- Heat this mixture however you like. I tend to us a microwave as I don’t have time to use the hob on work mornings. The almond milk is a great one to try because it adds a lovely nutty flavour into the oats.
- Heat the berries (whichever mixture you fancy, or have on hand) with the cinnamon. This will make the berries carry the flavour or the cinnamon.
- Then once the porridge is heated through, pour this into a bowl.
- Top with the cinnamon and berry mixture.
- Finally to finish it all off, top with a sprinkle of chia seeds. This adds a bit of a crunch to the porridge.
- Sit down, and enjoy!