So it’s the end of the year, and time for a favourites post! I decided earlier this year that I wouldn’t do monthly favourites, and do 6 months worth of favourites instead. And I think it really works. If something happened to all my makeup, these are the items that I would go out tomorrow and repurchase. I’ve included links to the products, just for ease of shopping, in case you want to treat yourself to something, there’s no affiliates or anything.
- ELF Blemish Control Face Primer – https://www.boots.com/elf-blemish-control-face-primer-10256862 – I use this primer if after I’ve done my skincare, my skin needs some more hydration. It has added Salicylic Acid which helps control my oils and treat any breakouts.
- NYX Angel Veil Primer – https://www.boots.com/nyx-professional-makeup-angel-veil–skin-perfecting-primer-10209061 – This primer is so great at blurring pores, smoothing out my skin and adding a bit of hydration too (it’s not as hydrating as the ELF one). I’ve heard that it’s a dupe for the Hourglass Veil Primer so may be worth picking up instead and saving yourself some money.
- Makeup Revolution Conceal and Define Foundation, and the Concealer too – https://www.superdrug.com/Make-Up/Face/Foundation/Liquid-Foundation/Revolution-Conceal-and-Define-Foundation-F1/p/768749 – https://www.superdrug.com/Make-Up/Face/Concealer/Revolution-Conceal-and-Define-Concealer-C1/p/751531 – Both of these products are incredibly full coverage. Now I like full coverage for a night out, but day to day, I’m not as keen. But because of the applicator of the foundation, you can use as much or as little as you want, to create the coverage you want. Both last a good 10 hours on my skin.
- Kiko BB Cream – https://www.kikocosmetics.com/en-gb/make-up/face/Daily-Protection-BB-Cream-SPF-30—01/p-KM0010110500144 – I picked this product up on a whim, and I love it. Its very hydrating (so I tend to use it when the weather is colder and my skin needs extra hydration) but also sheer to light coverage. It evens out my skin tone, and gives a very nice dewy finish.
- Collection Lasting Perfection Concealer – https://www.boots.com/collection-lasting-perfection-concealer-10196692 – It’s a cult classic for a reason, and I love this concealer. A little goes a long way (just like with the Makeup Revolution one) so be sparing with it.
- ELF Setting Powder – https://www.boots.com/elf-perfect-finish-hd-powder-10256855 – I have decluttered a lot of my powders, and this is one of the only ones I kept. I use this to set my under eyes (using a light, light hand) and the rest of my face too. It doesn’t look cakey or settle into fine lines, and helps my makeup last so well.
- NYX Matte Bronzer – https://www.boots.com/beauty/nyx-professional-makeup-matte-body-bronzer-10207904 – If I’m going on a night out or a date night, this is my bronzer. This is more obvious than my Essence one but still suitable on my skin.
- Essence Sun Club Bronzer – https://www.wilko.com/en-uk/essence-sun-club-matt-bronzing-powder-sun-kissed-10-brown/p/0400753 – This is my everyday day bronzer. I use this to add bit of colour to my face, and its so subtle. As I’m so fair, a tan wouldn’t look natural on me, so this is the best bronzer for me.
- Urban Decay Score Afterglow Blush – https://www.urbandecay.co.uk/on/demandware.store/Sites-urbandecay-uk-Site/en_GB/Search-Show?q=afterglow%20blush – This is my favourite blush, it reminds me of the Nars Orgasm Blush. It’s that typical subtle pink but with gold glitter. I’ve actually decluttered a load of my other blushes because I use this one so much.
- Urban Decay Sin Afterglow Highlighter – https://www.debenhams.com/webapp/wcs/stores/servlet/prod_10701_10001_123932052499_-1 – This highlighter is great for a night out. It has more of a white undertone than the Becca one. But I love it so much.
- Becca Opal Highlighter – https://www.johnlewis.com/becca-shimmering-skin-perfector-pressed-highlighter-mini/opal/p3505295 – I love this highlighter, its more of a champagne undertone so it’s less obvious than the Urban Decay one. And I use this so often. Sometimes I use this and then pop the Urban Decay one on the very top of my cheeks for an extra bold highlighter.
- Urban Decay Born to Run Palette – https://www.debenhams.com/webapp/wcs/stores/servlet/prod_10701_10001_121932992099_-1 – This is the only eyeshadow palette that I’ve used almost all year. Other palettes I’ll use once or twice, but don’t keep reaching for. But this one, I use daily as it has any shadow I could possibly need.
- Essence eyeliners (black, brown and silver) – https://www.wilko.com/en-uk/essence-long-lasting-eye-pencil-hot-chocolate-02/p/0340044 – I’ve tried three different eyeliners from Essence and all are fantastic. So I’m assuming that all the other shades are just as good. They last a good 8 hours, don’t smudge (unless intentional) and very pigmented.
- Essence Lash Princess Mascara – https://www.wilko.com/en-uk/essence-lash-princess-sculpted-volume-mascara/p/0453547 – This is my favourite mascara. I wear this for everyday, as well as nights out. It’s the perfect amount of volume, clump, and length. It doesn’t smudge or flake either. And it’s a bargain!
- NYX Microbrow Pencil – https://www.boots.com/nyx-professional-makeup-micro-brow-pencil-10207888 – I love this product. It lasts all day, and matches my hair colour perfectly. People didn’t notice that I was filling in my eyebrows for months, they kept saying that my eyes stood out, not realising that it was because of my brows being more defined.
- NYX Control Freak Brow Gel – https://www.boots.com/nyx-professional-makeup/nyx-professional-makeup-eyes/nyx-professional-makeup-brows/nyx-professional-makeup-control-freak-eyebrow-gel-clear-10209327 – This is definitely the closest dupe to Benefit Brow Setter that I’ve found as of yet. I definitely recommend giving this a try.
- MAC Velvet Teddy Lipstick – https://www.johnlewis.com/mac-lipstick-matte/velvet-teddy/p2021906 – This is the one product that isn’t cruelty free in this whole post. I have been switching products for other similar ones, and this is something I am constantly looking for a cruelty free dupe of.
- Pixi Lip Balm in Natural Rose – https://www.marksandspencer.com/shea-butter-lip-balm-4g/p/p22431812?prevPage=plp&pdpredirect – This is my most worn lip product. I wear this everyday, particularly in the colder weather when my lips are more dry and in need of hydration.
- NYX Matte Finish Setting Spray – https://www.boots.com/nyx-professional-makeup-setting-spray-matte-finish-long-lasting-10207879 – I use this setting spray everyday and it’s amazing. If i forget to use this, I can definitely tell. But when I do use it, my makeup lasts a good 10 hours.
I wonder if anyone has any products that they’d recommend based on the products I’ve mentioned above…any excuse to buy more makeup! Hopefully next time I post my favourites, they will all be cruelty free.